Looking at visiting Pueblo Colorado sometime soon and want to know the top things to do? This blog post is for you! Below we will give you the top things to do if you are visiting the city of Pueblo soon.
- Historic Arkansas Riverwalk– This is a pretty cool place especially if you like going for a nice walk with a view of the riverwalk. They also have boat tours, as well as dining and shopping in the area.
Some of the reviews from people say things like-
“Very nice area to walk in. It’s clean and well maintained. Several places to east along the way. Nice public art to view. Distances noted along walkway to support walkers. Beautifully done. In late morning there were a good number of people out, but was not at all crowded“.
“Always a great time going down to the river walk! Me and my dog we love the the walk on a clean sidewalk, we love watching the ducks. Once in a blue moon you’ll even see a beaver in there”!
- Rosemount Museum– here is a description taken straight from the Rosemount museum website which can be seen here
- -Built in 1893, this 37-room mansion was home to the John A. and Margaret Thatcher family and was named for Mrs.
- Thatcher’s favorite flower. It remained a family residence for 75 years.
- Designed by noted New York architect Henry Hudson Holly and two years under construction, the mansion was completed in 1893. Nearly all furnishings, accessories, decorative arts, paintings, custom woodwork, wall and window treatments are original to the home.
- Guided tours begin on the half hour throughout the day, with the exception of special events and the last two weeks of the holiday season when self-guided tours are utilized.
Some of the reviews for Rosemount are listed below-
Amazing turn of the century craftsmanship and beauty! A must see! The guides were knowledgeable and a lot of fun. No photography allowed though.
The mansion is luxurious and worth seeing. The tour I received was not well presented and answers were vague or unknown, so that was a disappointment. I still give 5 stars because the mansions interior design and details (which can’t be photographed) spoke for themselves.
Pueblo zoo– The Pueblo Zoo is always a pretty good time especially if you are an animal lover. Pretty big with lots of animals to see! Here are some recent reviews of people attending the zoo in Pueblo.
The Pueblo zoo in Colorado was clean and had pleasant staff. The animals appear to be adequately cared for. This is a small zoo and I suspect most families will easily complete the zoo and inevitable gift shop in under 3 hours. No giraffes or elephants as it is a small zoo. The red pandas seem to be the main attraction though the viewing habitat leave something to be desired for a main attraction. Overall, a pleasant zoo with a nice amount of shade and a few water fountains. Drinks and treats within the zoo or reasonably priced and less than several other zoos we have visited. However, the gift shop is where prices seemed overly exaggerated. This is usually the case, but it seemed to be a bit higher than normal at the Pueblo zoo. Families on a budget would likely want to steer clear of the gift shop.
This is such a great zoo!! They have really unique animals and several feedings a day to experience. I really like the thoughtfulness that went into the layout and providing places to rest and observe these amazing creatures. The animals are happy and the staff are too. Great exhibits and a great experience. Very clean and we definitely enjoyed every bit of it!!